- Milk: Early morning milk is served to all the children. 150 to 200 ml milk is given everyday to each child.
- Breakfast: Idly with chutney, Yellow rice, Idly with Sambar, Upma, Biryani rice.
- Lunch: Rice with vegetable curry, Sambar, Curd, Butter milk, vegetable fry, pickle.
- Snacks: A mid-afternoon snack is served to all the children. This could be either: Corn, fruit, biscuits, popcorn, or a sweet. Ragi malt is given in addition to the snack.
- Dinner: Rice with vegetable curry, Sambar, Curd, Butter milk, vegetable fry, pickle.
Sports competitors and any undernourished children are served additional nutritious food as and when required.
The menus are seasonal and designed by Nutrition Expert and HEAL volunteer Mrs. Hema Garu.
HEAL produces in its own vegetable gardens 30% of the vegetables that it consumes. HEAL does not use pesticides and only produces organic vegetables. Many of the children spend some of their spare time tending the gardens.